Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/11/09 04:11:13 UTC

Synchronization on Lifecycle methods

Hi,

Does anyone object to the complete removal of synchronization from the
lifecycle methods. I just noticed some code that synchronizes initialize()
which seemd wrong.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Synchronization on Lifecycle methods

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 12:55, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:21, Leo Simons wrote:
> > +1 to removing "synchronized" from the method signatures of all avalon
> > framework lifecycle interfaces, except for the ones dealing with
> > logging. I think there's one or two in that package that are there for a
> > reason (top-of-head stuff).
>
> no idea where you are talking about - can you point to example?

sorry, had a long saturday night ;)

that's 'final' of course that is nice there.

silly ol' me....

grz,

- Leo

Re: Synchronization on Lifecycle methods

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:55, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:21, Leo Simons wrote:
> > +1 to removing "synchronized" from the method signatures of all avalon
> > framework lifecycle interfaces, except for the ones dealing with
> > logging. I think there's one or two in that package that are there for a
> > reason (top-of-head stuff).
>
> no idea where you are talking about - can you point to example?
>
> However the whole idea is that the container will only ever enter the
> component once at any one time via a lifecycle interface. So synchronized
> is redundent in this case

redundent and dangerous I should say ;)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.