Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 01:27:18 UTC

Thrift generated files

Hi all,

I have a question about the thrift file generation. I can see you are
generating the java classes from the thrift files. If we change a thrift
file do we have to copy the generated file in to source code and commit?
I'm bit confused about the work-flow.

Thanks,
Supun..

Re: Thrift generated files

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
Technically, you can. However, this is considered very bad practice, as the
next person to touch these is likely going to overwrite your changes and
then we'll have a mess of conflicts to deal with.

Re: Thrift generated files

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

--
Supun Kamburugamuva