Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/16 16:23:20 UTC

Spring boot starter code generation

Hello,

as today the camel-package-maven-plugin is responsible to generate
component starters so it generates the properties configuration class
as well of the auto configuration one which is good but there may be
some cases in which one may want to further tweak the bean creation
process, i.e. for stuffs like ehcache/infinispan/hazelcast I'd like to
find out if we can integrate with spring caching so you can configure
the cache the spring way and reuse it in camel.

What would be the best option to keep the auto generation awesomeness
and at the same time have a way to tweak the process ?

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Re: Spring boot starter code generation

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
Yes that is the idea so users and developers can hook into the auto
configuration process without impacting the code generation
awesomeness.
Will raise a JIRA.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
The configurer I'm working on as today are only supposed to
post-process our spring-boot auto magics so there's not side effects
for a end user but yes it could be extended later on to any
component/language/dataformat in the registry.
And yes I'm also taking into account an option to enable/disable
configurer on different level (always in spring boot), i.e. disable
all configurer for a component/language/dataformat or just disable a
single one.

Let me see what we can have and how it works in this first round then
we can discuss the next steps.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Great discussion :)

Posted by Nicola Ferraro <ni...@gmail.com>.
The approach is awesome. Today a user that needs a custom (programmatic)
component configuration has to define a new @Bean, losing the benefits of
property-based configuration, or use a post processor.
The first way is the one I see more, probably because it's easier.

With configurers, one would have the configuration magic and whatever we
will add in the future also on custom bean. Actually people will not need
to create custom component beans.

I wonder (before this goes too far and we add more stuff) if we should add
a easy way to disable a configurer (also a configurer defined by Camel).

Nicola

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Luca,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Spring boot starter code generation

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Luca,
I think this approach with EhcacheComponentConfigurer is really nice,
it allows you to also have additional jars on classpath, separate form
the -starter jars, to perform additional configuration, that could
prove be very flexible.

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Spring boot starter code generation