Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/20 18:12:13 UTC

Tidying up before a move of cornerstone/apps to new CVS

Should we remove 'bay'?  Despite being 50 hours of my work, it is more
or less useless.

It always will be while Catalina is..

1) in terms of embedability, not properly seperated in interface and
impl (both in package and jars)
2) not able to be mounted in classloader trees lower than primordial and
still work.

My feeling is that we mislead newbies quite a lot.

- Paul

Re: Tidying up before a move of cornerstone/apps to new CVS

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 04:12, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Should we remove 'bay'?  Despite being 50 hours of my work, it is more
> or less useless.

Chuck it in avalonia for the time being. It is always good to have easy
access to it in case we ever need to go back to it.

> It always will be while Catalina is..
>
> 1) in terms of embedability, not properly seperated in interface and
> impl (both in package and jars)
> 2) not able to be mounted in classloader trees lower than primordial and
> still work.

&^%&*^)( !!!!

I forgot to fix this on the weekend - wooops ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: Tidying up before a move of cornerstone/apps to new CVS

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Paul:
I would recommend removal of Bay.
Without active evolution its too problamatic as it stands.
Steve.