Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by aa...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2001/10/04 19:58:55 UTC

Problem with log directories

I have set up a new context at the system path:

/home/web/live_site

Within this path I have created:

conf/
webapps/
work/
logs/

It finds and autoloads the contexts under webapps, and writes the generated
.conf files to the /home/web/live_site/conf directory, but the tomcat.log,
jasper.log and servlet.log files all get written to /usr/local/tomcat/logs
instead of /home/web/live_site/logs. I have set the home property to
/home/web/live_site in the ContextManager in the server.xml file and when I
start tomcat, I use the -f /home/web/live_site/conf/server.xml option.

Can anyone help me fix this problem so the logs will go to the right place?
I need this to work so I can run multiple instances on the same server and
have logs for each.

Thanks !

Aaron
aaron.titus@ascentialsoftware.com

tomcat security

Posted by Henry <hx...@cs.ualberta.ca>.
i am wondering if Tomcat has security features for its
jsp/servlet so i don't need to do RSA encoding myself
in taglibs...