Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/07 16:22:45 UTC

Nice job on recent reorg

All of the recent changes to the Shale project look nice.  I just
tried rebuilding an app with the latest snapshot.  Its nice how the
MyFaces deps have been cleared up so that they don't end up in your
webapp automatically.  I'm using the RI to test some facelets stuff
and before these recent changes, the MyFaces 1.1.1 distro kept popping
up in my app.

Nice work everyone!

Sean

Re: Nice job on recent reorg

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 10/7/06, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/7/06, Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hehe wrong list... but now that you say that, as we are using
> > shale-test for testing, in the implementation of MyFaces 1.2 there is
> > one test (UIComponentTagUtils) that fails, because it tries to use a
> > method specific of JSR-252 in the Application.getExpressionFactory:
> >
> > java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
> >         at javax.faces.application.Application.getExpressionFactory(
> Application.java:74)
> >
> > Of course, this UnsupportedOperationException is thrown by the
> > Application class (as mandated by the spec), but not in the
> > Application myfaces implementation (ApplicationImpl). What do I have
> > to do to use ApplicationImpl then? Is that possible?
> >
> <snip/>
>
> You should be able to use JSR-252 specific methods in the next
> shale-test release (thanks to Craig). See SHALE-304 [1] for all the
> details, particularly r453841 in the commits tag. In short, this mock
> application class [2] will be available for such tests.

As it happens, I've been working on the 1.2 support in shale-test over the
last few days.  ExpressionFactory, plus a simulation of the standard set of
ELResolvers outlined in Section 5.6.2, is next on my list.  With ApacheCon
coming up, I should get a good chunk of time to wrap this up.

-Rahul

> [1] http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-304
> [2]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/trunk/shale-test/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/test/mock/MockApplication12.java