Posted to cvs@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2016/09/16 01:26:06 UTC

[Incubator Wiki] Update of "September2016" by james.sirota

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "September2016" page has been changed by james.sirota:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2016?action=diff&rev1=88&rev2=89

      discussion about moving to the attic and this seems appropriate

  --------------------
+ Metron
+
+
+ Metron integrates a variety of open source big data technologies
+ in order to offer a centralized tool for security monitoring and analysis. Metron provides capabilities for log aggregation, full packet capture indexing, storage, advanced behavioral analytics and data enrichment, while applying the most current threat-intelligence information to security telemetry within a single platform.
+
+ Metron has been incubating since 12-08-2015
+
+
+ Three most important issues to address in the move towards
+ Graduation.
+
+
+  - Building a diverse community of developers for Metron
+  - Getting security practitioners to provide feedback on requirements
+  - Make an Apache release
+
+
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to
+ be aware of
+
+
+ - We released the second release of Metron and are currently in our third release
+ - We fixed a lot of licensing issues that were a complaint from the previous release
+
+ *   How has the community developed since the last report
+
+ We added 2 new committers:
+
+ Michael Miclavcic
+ Justin Leet
+
+ We started to hold the community meeting on weekly basis with full community meeting minutes.
+
+
+  *   How has the project developed since the last
+ report
+
+  - We closed on 27 more Jiras and made our code base more compliant and introduced several important features.  We also had lively discussion on the dev boards about how these features should be implemented.
+
+  Signed-off-by:
+
+  [ ](metron) Billie Rinaldi
+  [ ](metron) Chris Mattmann
+  [ ](metron) Owen O'Malley
+  [ ](metron) P. Taylor Goetz
+  [ ](metron) Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
+
+
  Mnemonic

  Apache Mnemonic is an advanced hybrid memory storage oriented library, we've