Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Matthew C Huth <mc...@ra.rockwell.com> on 2011/04/13 19:03:31 UTC

Error on Comment Approval Form because user did not submit a Name when they submitted a comment.

The comment entry form prompts a user via javascript to enter a Comment if
field is empty.  There is no prompt for Name.  If the user submits the
form and does not enter a name, we are getting an ugly java error when the
Blog owner goes to the Comment Approval Form in roller.  They are unable
to approve comments.  The way I've removed the error is by going directly
into the database ROLLER_COMMENT table and entering a value for Name.

1.  I've tried setting a default value of 'anonymous' in the database
table ROLLER_COMMENTS for colunm NAME.  This has not worked.
2.  I've tried looking for code where I can add my own simple javascript
similar to "validateComments" on the comment entry form.  I can't find the
code.

Are others seeing this error and how did you resolve?

Matthew C. Huth
E-mail: mchuth@ra.rockwell.com
Apache Roller 4.0.