Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2014/09/03 00:50:32 UTC

jclouds roadmap

several uncompleted tasks to 2.0.0.  However, I consider several of
these tasks unrealistic based on previous experiences with jclouds wish
lists.  For example, the perennial de-async tasks continue to make their
appearance without progress.  I would like to move all tasks to a
indefinite version and only move a task to a definite version when we
have an owner and a corresponding JIRA issue.  Thoughts?

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/Roadmap

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> I’ve never understood why we set the Fix Version when an issue (a)
> hasn’t been fixed and (b) hasn’t even been assigned to someone.

Is this something we should put in the committer/developer
documentation somewhere? Personally, until an issue goes to Resolved
or Fixed, I think the Fix Version should be empty?

ap

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
I don't have any strong feeling about how we use JIRA :) I said
"often" because I usually do that just for issues I know that will be
fixed soon, or to force myself to fix them (in that case I assign them
to me).

If we communicate the road map in the wiki, there's no need to
duplicate the information. As said, I'm not very worried about how we
proceed with JIRA, so whatever option that has consensus works for me
:)

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Similar to Ignasi, I use the fix version when creating issues to indicate
the target release an issue *should* or *will* be fixed in. That value
typically does not have to change once the issue has been marked resolved.

I plan to start using the "Start/Stop Progress² more effectively and that
will help track overall progress. There are only 6 issues "In Progress² at
the moment, and I know the community is a lot more busy that that! ;)

/jd

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
On Sep 2, 2014, at 5:50 PM, Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> wrote:

> I would like to move all tasks to a
> indefinite version and only move a task to a definite version when we
> have an owner and a corresponding JIRA issue.  Thoughts?

+1

I’ve never understood why we set the Fix Version when an issue (a) hasn’t been fixed and (b) hasn’t even been assigned to someone.

Everett

Re: jclouds roadmap

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> appearance without progress.  I would like to move all tasks to a
> indefinite version and only move a task to a definite version when we
> have an owner and a corresponding JIRA issue. Thoughts?

+1. Hopefully, that will trigger some more discussion on what we as
community actually can realistically achieve, and how to plan for that.

ap