Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Niclas Rothman <ni...@lechill.com> on 2005/10/11 10:02:57 UTC

Search within specific content areas / sections? Possible?

Hi all nutch users!!!
I've been thinking of implementing a bit more "user friendly" search
functionality for our web site users.
What I would like to do is to let the client choose in which areas a
search would be within.

Let's say my website has 5 different logical sections;

1.	Buy Books
2.	Buy Films
3.	Sell Books
4.	Sell Films

On my search page the client would check in which areas the search
should be performed.
Similar functionality is found on many web sites,
e.g. www.java.sun.com
(http://onesearch.sun.com/search/onesearch/index.jsp?qt=thread+pool&col=
dev-reference)

Would this be possible to do with nutch? Could you guide me in steps the
procedure to do this?

Hope to get some answers and.... insight!!!

Best regards Niclas Rothman

Re: Search within specific content areas / sections? Possible?

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Hi,
have a look to the creative commons plugin.
Such a solution is easy to integrate, you need a marker of the category
of your webpage, a cutomized parser plugin a queryplugin and a indexing
plugin.
Just use the creative commons as template...
HTH
Stefan