Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Pretterhofer, Guenter" <Gu...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2000/09/22 16:39:23 UTC

layout problems

Hi All,

When generating pdf-files with fop I'm experiencing some difficulties.
Probably I'm doing something wrong.

In the attachment you'll find a fo-file and the corresponding pdf-file
generated with fop
using the command  "java org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine test-fo.xml
test-fo.xml.pdf"

Following is a short description of the 2 problems:

1.	The spacing between the first two tables on page 1 is different from
	the spacing on the other pages.

2.	Sometimes empty boxes are generated at the bottom of the page,
	in my example on page 3.

My environment:
fop 0.14, cvs-version 4 hours ago (maybe it's too old? :-))
java 1.3 (linux beta refresh)

I suppose the problems arise due to my lack of experience.
Nevertheless I would be very happy if you could help me.

I'm sorry, it's a big example but it had to be big to reproduce the problem.

hopefully awaiting your comments
Günter Pretterhofer

 <<test-fo.xml.pdf>>  <<test-fo.xml>>