Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Florin Pop <fl...@orlat84.net> on 2018/03/24 02:27:18 UTC

escimo docs unavailable

Hi,

I want to learn more about escimo, but cannot find the docs for it.
http://directory.apache.org/escimo/five-minutes-tutorial.html &
http://directory.apache.org/escimo/user-guide.html lead to HTTP 404.

Thanks,
Florin

Re: escimo docs unavailable

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 6:31 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 24/03/2018 à 10:51, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> > On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:

> > The effort on eSCIMo stalled, one of the reasons was to use a dedicated
> > backend instead of
> > hooking it with a LDAP server, because the SCIM schema cannot be directly
> > mapped in a generic
> > fashion with LDAP schemas.
>
> Thank, Kiran.
>
> So, basically, we should probably decide to remove escimo from teh web
> site, unless someone is wanting to pick the baton, right ?

Yes

Re: escimo docs unavailable

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: escimo docs unavailable

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> Le 24/03/2018 à 03:27, Florin Pop a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to learn more about escimo, but cannot find the docs for it.
> > http://directory.apache.org/escimo/five-minutes-tutorial.html &
> > http://directory.apache.org/escimo/user-guide.html lead to HTTP 404.

The effort on eSCIMo stalled, one of the reasons was to use a dedicated
backend instead of
hooking it with a LDAP server, because the SCIM schema cannot be directly
mapped in a generic
fashion with LDAP schemas.

There is a new implementation of SCIM in Golang (disclosure: I am the
author) called Sparrow (https://bitbucket.org/keydap/sparrow).
This is licensed under AL2.0 and there is a plan to propose it as a
sub-project of Apache Directory.

Re: escimo docs unavailable

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.