Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Christophe <ch...@sword-technologies.com> on 2005/01/22 22:25:23 UTC

Unit Tests - FileSystemServer

David,

If one unit test failed, the test db was not clean up properly. This is
certainly the reason why your unit tests failed last week. I just added
a new maven goal ( db.reinit.test ) which is called before starting the
unit tests.
Now it should work. Let me know if it is not working for you.

Second point, the unit test for the FileSystemServer failed for
different reasons :
* Missing constructor in FileSystemContentStore. Now, it is not possible
to build the project if the constructor is missing in a ContentStore
implementation. All Content Store implementation should inherit from the
new class : AbstractContentStore.
* the Master Store Schema was not yet ready to support a FS server
reference. I modified the DB schema in order to support this kind of
server.

Everything has been fixed. Make an update to see my changes and you can
continue your work on the FS implementation.

The work completed by yourself shows that it is not easy to add a new
content store type. We have to find a better solution. it is tedious to
change the DB schema each time a new kind of content store is needed.
Maybe a  xml config file should be more appropriate. What do you think
about that ?

Christophe

Re: Unit Tests - FileSystemServer

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Christophe wrote:
> David,
>
> If one unit test failed, the test db was not clean up properly. This is
> certainly the reason why your unit tests failed last week. I just added
> a new maven goal ( db.reinit.test ) which is called before starting the
> unit tests.
> Now it should work. Let me know if it is not working for you.
>
> Second point, the unit test for the FileSystemServer failed for
> different reasons :
> * Missing constructor in FileSystemContentStore. Now, it is not possible
> to build the project if the constructor is missing in a ContentStore
> implementation. All Content Store implementation should inherit from the
> new class : AbstractContentStore.
> * the Master Store Schema was not yet ready to support a FS server
> reference. I modified the DB schema in order to support this kind of
> server.
>
> Everything has been fixed. Make an update to see my changes and you can
> continue your work on the FS implementation.
>
> The work completed by yourself shows that it is not easy to add a new
> content store type. We have to find a better solution. it is tedious to
> change the DB schema each time a new kind of content store is needed.
> Maybe a  xml config file should be more appropriate. What do you think
> about that ?
>
> Christophe

Im having trouble SVN updating from subclipse, but it works fine from
the cmdline.
Going to have to clean check out I think, not sure whats up

I saw where you had to change the OJB mapping.
I guess I need to spend a little more time reviewing the code before I
can make an educated suggestion. Im not going to have anytime today,
will review it tomorrow

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com