Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 18:42:13 UTC

Re: I've Put Some Jmeter Plugins Up on Github

Hi Bruce,

I've given a quick look on your extensions and* JmeterThreadGlobal seems
interesting enough.* The idea behind it was discussed one or two years ago,
people always asked about running threads inside other threads or sharing
between threads. Myself inluded: I needed at some point to use the JSESSION
from one thread to another to simulate asynchronous  javascript calls
(heartbeats to the server which are regular, and user actions which
shouldn't be necessarily dependent on the heartbeat). This is definitely
useful, might be more user friendly if you wouldn't need one config for each
different variable to be shared.

However, JmeterThreadSync seems to me an overkill. You already have the
Synchronising Timer. Is there a scenario where this wasn't enough for you?

Thanks,
Adrian

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 May 2011 11:41, Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >JmeterThreadGlobal: Stores data from samplers into a java hash table, and
>> >provides a sampler to extract this data into an array at some later point.
>> >I've found this to be handy for communicating google widget tookit RPC
>> >strongnames to multiple threads.
>>
>> FYI you could do something similar using the BSH shared object - described
>> under http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html -
>> Sharing variables  , though some sort of plugin will probably be easier
>> than
>> coding it
>>

> I missed that... of course this is the ultimate solution for more complex
> problems: writing your own class that you can use to keep track and share
> whatever you want. Has a major disadvantage - the test must end gracefully
> so you can properly destroy the memory used by this.

Note that the BSH elements support the ThreadListener and TestListener
interfaces, which can be used for closedown.

User-written elements can also implement the interfaces.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.