Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jim.Musil" <Ji...@target.com> on 2015/06/18 23:23:38 UTC

Collections API and adding new boxes

Hi,

Let's say I have a zookeeper ensemble with several Solr nodes connected to it. I've created a collection successfully and all is well.

What happens when I want to add another solr node?

I've tried spinning one up and connecting it to zookeeper, but the new node doesn't "join" the collection.  What's the expected next step?

This is Solr 5.1.

Thanks!
Jim Musil

Re: Collections API and adding new boxes

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
See particularly the ADDREPLICA command and the
"node" parameter. You might not even need the "node"
parameter since when you add a replica Solr does its
best to put the new replica on an underutilized node.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.