Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "McFall, Kevin" <ke...@sungard.com> on 2002/04/29 16:26:32 UTC

Duplicate symbol when linking on AIX.

Help please...

I'm on AIX 4.3.3.

I'm trying to implement the SAX interface linking against libxerces-c1_6_0.a
and I'm getting a duplicate symbol when I link.

ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: .__dt__12ErrorHandlerFv
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: __dt__12ErrorHandlerFv

My class inherits HandlerBase which implements the EntityResolver,
DTDHandler, DocumentHandler, and ErrorHandler Interfaces...

I'm over-riding DocumentHandler and ErrorHandler in my implementation and
everything works, but I'm getting a duplicate symbol.

I'm not getting duplicate symbols on DocumentHandler and the classes seem
very similiar to ErrorHandler.   (Virtual Void methods that are over-ridden
by Handler base.)

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I've searched the archives and didn't
see any...  Any solutions?

Thanks in advance...

Kevin McFall