Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/20 19:40:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Is it possible to override ... ?

Hi,

We are using Apache 2.4.48.  This Apache is primarily acting as a proxy, and we use the WebLogic Plugin for Apache to connect from the Apache to a WebLogic server/backend.

In the Apache ssl.conf, we have a <VirtualHost>, and in that <VirtualHost>, they have a <Location />:

<VirtualHost _default_:443 _default_:14101>
.
.
.
<Location />
  WLSRequest On
  SetHandler weblogic-handler
  WebLogicCluster xxx.foo.com:14101
  WLCookieName OAM_JSESSIONID
  SecureProxy ON
  WLSSLWallet ".../wallet"
  Debug OFF
  WLLogFile "/logs/oam_location.out"
</Location>

.
.
.
<VirtualHost>

Because of the <Location />, this Apache is not able to serve local content (e.g., html, etc.), but I have a requirement to be able to serve a single HTML page from this Apache.

Unfortunately, they want to keep that <Location /> in the ssl.conf, so I am trying to figure out how I might be able to configure the Apache so that it can serve that HTML page that I am needing?

I have tried to add an Alias in front of the <Location />, i.e.:

Alias "/foo" "/apps/products/apache/instances/apache_oam/foo"

<Location />
.
.
.
</Location>

But I am getting a Forbidden response.  Also sometimes the browser seems to "loop", adding "/index.html" to the end of the URL in the address bar.

So I was wondering:  Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to do, without disturbing the <Location />??

Thanks,
Jim

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Is it possible to override ... ?

Posted by ohaya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Daniel,

THANKS! I just tested this and it works!

Jim

     On Thursday, October 21, 2021, 04:41:56 AM EDT, Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hello,

I would never recommend to use <Location /> , you should use <Location
/app> instead for all the applications in the weblogic server, which
are all probably deployed in a specific context rather than /.

If for any reason one is too lazy to care or still want to exclude
some content from being proxied to the weblogic the weblogic plugin
includes the directive:

WLExcludePathOrMimeType

You should play with it.

Cheers