Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jakob Praher <pr...@liwest.at> on 2002/02/22 11:50:16 UTC

xsp and XMLizable

hi all,

<system-state>

	<os name="linux" kernel="2.4.17" />
	<jdk version="1.3.1" vendor="blackdown" />
	<servlet-engine type="catalina" version="4.0.1" />
	<transformer type="xalan" version="2.3.0" />
	<cocoon version="2.0.1" />

</system-state>

I have a problem with transformation and XMLizable objects:
( I also had the problem when I tried to wirte the this.contentHandler
directly, or when I used the DOMStreamer )

say I have a xsp page like:

generate.xsp:

<xsp:page .... >

	<generated>
		<xsp:expr>new MyXMLizable( )</xsp:expr>
	</generated>

<xsp:page>

if I only generate, but not transform the events like:

<map:match pattern="raw-xml">
	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="generate.xsp" />
<map:match>

it works perfectly,

but on the other hand, if I transformm the generate.xsp like

<map:match pattern="generate.html">
	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="generate.xsp" />
	<map:transform src="generate2html.xsl" />
	<map:serialize />
<map:match>

I get a silent  Exception on the stdout of the servlet engine, but
nothing from the xmlizable node gets processed (though the error is not
propageted into cocoon ).

The stylesheet works, because if I manually generate the structure, the
XMLizable would generate, everything works fine!

has anyone had a problem like this?
should I use a Generator impl. insted?

thanks

Jakob

Re: xsp and XMLizable

Posted by Jakob Praher <jp...@hapra.at>.
hi Torsten,

Am Fre, 2002-02-22 um 12.46 schrieb Torsten Curdt:
> > I have a problem with transformation and XMLizable objects:
> > ( I also had the problem when I tried to wirte the this.contentHandler
> > directly, or when I used the DOMStreamer )
>
> Are you sure your SAXevents are correct? Namespace etc. ?

sort of.
I also used to manually create a StringReader and InputSourced it to a
XMLReader to emit the events from a parser.
Plus I tried the DOMStreamer to stream a DOM node.

> Hint: write a XSP page creating the same Fragment and look into
> the repository. You then can compare what cocoon wants the events
> to look like. If everything is dynamic - use the LogTransformer
> after the generator to see what actually comes out of your XMLizable.

LogTransformer sounds interesting.
I will try - Are there any samples in the sample-sitemap you know of?

> Hope this helps
thanks for your support

	--Jakob

Re: xsp and XMLizable