Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by avocado <jd...@nmcourts.gov> on 2019/02/27 20:43:56 UTC

LDAP Cannot Find Specific User

I have had Apache Guacamole running with LDAP + MySQL for quite some time
now. I have not had many issues, but I have come across a new one. When I
search for users, I am unable to find a certain user. I have
*ldap-user-base-dn:* at the very root of my domain, so I know that OU isn't
an issue. I use *ldap-user-search-filter:* to filter for a certain group
membership, but I have removed and re-added the user to the group.
Typically, once I add a user to the group, log out, and log in the user
appears. I have ~100 users, and have never seen this before. Does anyone
know where I can even look for a log that might point me in the direction of
the problem?

Re: LDAP Cannot Find Specific User

Posted by avocado <jd...@nmcourts.gov>.
Thanks for your help - I found the issue. Someone had disabled permissions
inheritance on the sub OU. The lack of system permissions being applied was
creating issues. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Re: LDAP Cannot Find Specific User

Posted by Paul Cantle <pa...@cantle.me>.
Does it work if you use the global catalogue port instead of standard LDAP/LDAPS?

Port 3268/3269 (non-secure / secure respectively)

Rgds

Paul

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 3:44 PM avocado <jd...@nmcourts.gov> wrote:

> I have had Apache Guacamole running with LDAP + MySQL for quite some time
> now. I have not had many issues, but I have come across a new one. When I
> search for users, I am unable to find a certain user. I have
> *ldap-user-base-dn:* at the very root of my domain, so I know that OU isn't
> an issue. I use *ldap-user-search-filter:* to filter for a certain group
> membership, but I have removed and re-added the user to the group.
> Typically, once I add a user to the group, log out, and log in the user
> appears. I have ~100 users, and have never seen this before. Does anyone
> know where I can even look for a log that might point me in the direction
> of
> the problem?

Check the catalina.out file from Tomcat to see if there are any errors.  If
not, try bumping up logging (
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#webapp-logging)
and see if it provides any additional information.

-Nick