Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Kees Spoelstra <ks...@we-amp.com> on 2016/08/23 12:54:40 UTC

ATS 6.2.0, TS-4387, entering the lock in TSContSchedule

We are seeing some strange behavior in 6.2.0, which might be related to
TS-4387 and we did not see this in 6.1.x.

In the case of long running processing on a continuation we run into the
problem that a TSContSchedule for this continuation will be waiting for the
continuation to end.

If I read https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-4387 it is expected that
the mutex is checked on being present, but FORCE_SCOPED_MUTEX will also
enter the mutex in the TSContschedule.

This behavior negates https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-3569,
relaxing mutex requirements.

I wonder which is the desired behavior. Probably inbetween? Asserting the
mutex, but not entering it?

Kees

We-Amp