Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Steffen Neumann <sn...@IPB-Halle.DE> on 2006/01/24 14:27:17 UTC

Upload/multipart: Requisites for own ViewHandler

Hi,

I am currently trying to use www.jenia.org templates
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jenia4faces/jenia4faces/template/org/jenia/faces/template/)
with myfaces upload. jenia uses its own servlet
org.jenia.faces.util.Servlet which registers its own ViewHandler
that builds a new page from the original page plus the template.
We're using myfaces-1.1.1 and I followed
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Setup_For_File_Uploads

Things break as soon as I start using
<h:form enctype="multipart/form-data">, in which case
the <commandButton action="submit"> is not executed,
and things break early in the JSF lifecycle.

Questions:
1) org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter
   is called before the FacesContext is created for the page.
   Which assumptions are not valid anymore for the ViewHandler
   compared to the url-encoded form ?
2) Which logging.properties are useful to debug these parts
   of the lifecycle ?

Any hints appreciated. If -users is not the appropriate list,
please say so, but I thought the topic involves enough internals
that I might be in the right place here.

Thanks,
Steffen