Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Subramani <na...@sneakemail.com> on 2011/04/17 13:40:21 UTC

Outsourcing Manufacturing

Dear all:

We are considering Manufacturing module in a scenario where some of the
manufacturing is sub contracted out and others are internally manufactured.
There is no scenario where both happens for the same sales order at the
moment.

The customer is looking for the same costing functions. By this I mean:

* Per item cost =  used raw material (cost of supplied raw material -
returned raw material cost) / total items manufactured (leaving out labor
cost for simplicity)

We are hoping to make our first contribution to OfBiz with little help from
others if there is a missing piece here and there to complete the above
steps. So any help is appreciated.

Is there an IRC where we can meet other users / members of development team
to ask questions online?

Warm Regards,
Venkat.

Re: Outsourcing Manufacturing

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
It is best to keep OFBiz development discussions on the mailing list so
everyone has a chance to participate.

-Adrian