Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Harris <Jo...@nurs.utah.edu> on 2001/05/27 08:13:14 UTC

Javamail issue and binary attachments

I'm trying to get a simple javamail client to work under Tomcat 3.2.1 as a servlet. I have the servlet done, and it works under my debug environment (I'm using the free ServletExecDebugger).

The servlet takes the input from an HTML form (multipart/form-data encryption type). The servlet parses through the different boundaries. If a file is sent it wraps it into a MimeBodyPart and eventually adds to a MimeMultipart object and sends it through SMTP.

Under the ServletExecDebugger, file attachments both plain text and binary work just fine - no issues.

When I move it to my webapp under Tomcat 3.2.1, only plain text files work, if you submit the HTML form with a binary file - the e-mail gets to the recepient without the binary file. Tomcat 3.2.1 is the default setup. Any hints or direction would be greatly appreciated.

John Harris