Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/22 20:57:52 UTC

PO creation for aggregated product for a drop ship group is broken?

Hi,

If you have an aggregate (configurable) product in the cart with the
dropship supplier corresponding PO is not generated. This happens because in
OrderServices.checkCreateDropShipPurchaseOrders when new ShoppingCartItem is
created for the PO, it is not passed the configWrapper (a null is passed)
and due to this ShoppingCartItem.makePurchaseOrderItem() on line 205 it
throws CartItemModifyException.

Wondering how can I fix this - because it seems like at this point the
config itself is not saved in product_config_config and original
ShoppingCartItem is not passed in the context (not sure why). If original
ShoppingCartItem was passed, corresponding configwrapper could have been
passed to create corresponding PO item.

Will appreciate faster response since this is breaking the flow.

Re: PO creation for aggregated product for a drop ship group is broken?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
create a patch and put in a jira.

Ritesh Trivedi sent the following on 9/22/2008 11:57 AM:

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 11:57 -0700, Ritesh Trivedi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you have an aggregate (configurable) product in the cart with the
> dropship supplier corresponding PO is not generated. This happens
> because in
> OrderServices.checkCreateDropShipPurchaseOrders when new
> ShoppingCartItem is
> created for the PO, it is not passed the configWrapper (a null is
> passed)
> and due to this ShoppingCartItem.makePurchaseOrderItem() on line 205
> it
> throws CartItemModifyException.
>
> Wondering how can I fix this - because it seems like at this point the
> config itself is not saved in product_config_config and original
> ShoppingCartItem is not passed in the context (not sure why). If
> original
> ShoppingCartItem was passed, corresponding configwrapper could have
> been
> passed to create corresponding PO item.
>
> Will appreciate faster response since this is breaking the flow.

You can fix it by looking at ShoppingCartServices.loadCartFromOrder
method to see how a configurable product is read from an order and added
to cart.

Bilgin