Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/05/02 09:42:43 UTC

RE: [PROPOSAL] Centaven and Friends (was Re: You makethedecision(was Re: Quick! convert all your projects to maven!))

Jon wrote:

> on 5/2/02 12:22 AM, "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org> wrote:
>
> > My point is that projects are being attacked here *solely*
> because they
> > prefer XSLT instead of DVSL.
>
> Where the heck did you see someone being 'attacked'? Geez.
> People. You need
> to quit reading into someone saying "THEY" don't like XSLT
> vs. whatever else
> you have made up in your mind.

OK, 'not being accepted' was perhaps the better wording.

> > I'm perfectly happy when people don't like
> > XSLT and scratch their own itches, but I do find it quite
> > counterproductive when projects are considered to be less
> 'cool' when
> > they prefer to use standards above home-brown solutions.
> I'm afraid I
> > really don't want to know your opinion on Xalan and Cocoon, then :-)
>
> First off, Velocity isn't any more home brewed than JSP. Just
> because it
> came from 'Sun' doesn't mean it is a standard.

Right on. XSLT is a standard and it has a lively community. 600+
messages in xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com in 10 days. But you son't
seem to like the language, so I'll leave it to that.

> > Oh well, perhaps this might become more productive if you start to
> > explain me what I need to do to create a Forrest plugin for Maven.
>
> Clearly you aren't an idiot. I'm sure you can figure it out
> on your own.

I'll take that as a compliment, and hopefully I find time to figure it
out on my own.

Hehe, I'm glad I read http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jon.html prior to
jumping in. "Talking about what an asshole he is (or defending him) does
nothing more than waste energy." I'll focus that energy in trying to
handle the Forrest part of an eventual Maven/Centipede/Gump
consolidation, if that happens.

Cheers,

</Steven>