Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Roi Martin <jr...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/30 09:01:58 UTC

gremlin-server does not reply with a timeout response to all timed out requests

Hi,

I'm sending this e-mail to the dev list because I didn't see the corresponding
"[Created]" e-mail from JIRA. If this was not needed, my apologies, I'm still
getting used to the contribution process of the project :) Anyway, I didn't
want this issue to get lost because I feel it is pretty relevant.

The JIRA issue is TINKERPOP-2769 [1] (I tried to add as many details as
possible). Long story short, it seems that gremlin-server does not reply with a
timeout response to all timed out requests. This makes the client application
hang waiting for response. Specifically, I've reproduced the issue using
gremlin-go and gremlin-python against gremlin-server 3.6.0, 3.5.3, 3.6.1 and
3.5.4.

I hope the details provided in the JIRA ticket can be useful for somebody
familiar with the gremlin-server codebase. If those do not ring a bell, I'll
give it a try myself.

Thanks!

Best regards,

	Roi Martin