Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com> on 2002/04/19 20:49:49 UTC

URL loader for jsp

Alright, this isn't *technically* a velocity question, but I am not sure
where else to go with this...

I am using the url resource loader and its great.  Thing is, I am coding
an application twice (once with Velocity, once with JSP) just to prove
the best practice.  Sounds just like the three examples in the velocity-view
project doesn't it.  I will use those too but I also want to show my own.

Does anybody know a way to get my application to look for JSP's outside
of the webapp?  Or is that completely impossible?  The more I think about it
it sure sounds not only impossible, but a bit stupid.  Still, to demonstrate
my app it is annoying to have all my Velocity files in a dedicated
"designer only" directory and the JSP pages in the "developer" directory.
It would be nice to have the JSP's next to the VTL pages.

I know I am reaching here.  A simple "no, you can't do that" would suffice.
Thanks.

Charlie