Posted to blogspam@spamassassin.apache.org by Kristian Köhntopp <kr...@xn--khntopp-90a.de> on 2005/02/07 13:24:54 UTC

Introducing Kristian Köhntopp

Hello.

My name is Kristian Köhntopp, and I am new on this list.

I have written the LDAP support for SpamAssassin and submitted
the patch for inclusion into the current version of
SpamAssassin.

My blog is available at http://blog.koehntopp.de in german
language. It is running Serendipity (http://www.s9y.org), for
which I am a contributor and have commit rights.

That blog is currently being spammed by the phentermine spammer,
using automated comment spam via a proxy or bot network, and via
trackback spam, again using a proxy or bot network. I was able
to hold back comment spam using the Captcha plugin for
Serendipity, and trackback spam using ad-hoc word lists.

Kristian

Re: Introducing Kristian Köhntopp

Posted by re...@annelisabeth.com.
Hi guys,

I was thinking.

What if I blocked the trackbacks, but redirected them to a page that
logged their payload? Say Kristian's code?

I'd like to log the payload of Alexander Morozov's trackbacks. He's got
one and the same user agent all the time.

Regards
Ann Elisabeth
http://www.annelisabeth.com/blog/

Re: Introducing Kristian Köhntopp

Posted by Kristian Koehntopp <kr...@xn--khntopp-90a.de>.
Am Montag 07 Februar 2005 18:25 schrieb reg@annelisabeth.com:
> Currently, some of their spam can be blocked by the pinapple .htaccess
> trick. That and more stuff, well founded or otherwise, can by found on
> my blog:
>
> http://www.annelisabeth.com/blog/

The following .htaccess rules worked for me:

-----
SetEnvIfNoCase X-AAAAAAAAAAAA 1 spammer=yes
SetEnvIfNoCase Via pinappleproxy spammer=yes
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer yelucie.com spammer=yes
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer crescentarian.net spammer=yes

deny from env=spammer
-----

A german language article can be found at

http://blog.koehntopp.de/archives/671-Mehr-ueber-den-Trackback-Spammer.html

Kristian
--
Kristian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=F6hntopp?= <kr...@xn--khntopp-90a.de>

Re: Introducing Kristian Köhntopp

Posted by re...@annelisabeth.com.
Hi,

Introducing Ann Elisabeth. I'm just a blogger. Albeit a curious one, and
with a nose for following a trail.

The spammers Kristian have contended with are apparently from
Bulgaria. They're refining their methods bit by bit. The trackback spam
is new from them. They didn't do that until a few days ago.