Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gaurav Pruthi <gk...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/01 09:48:48 UTC

EJB with Tomcat 6.0.16

Dear Friends,

Is it possible to integrate EJB with tomcat v6 and higher? If yes then
kindly provide the How-To link. I googled but didn't find anything
information which is worthy.

Thanks,
Gaurav Pruthi

Re: EJB with Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Stas Ostapenko <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

Take a look here http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/embedded/embedded.html

Re: EJB with Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Gaurav Pruthi <gk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have installed openejb with tomcat. Has anybody tried openEJB before? Does
it provide all the functionality that EJB provides with websphere, weblogic,
Jboss, etc...

Regards,
Gaurav Pruthi

Re: EJB with Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by András Csányi <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: EJB with Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
Tomcat is a webserver plus a servlet-container.

To run EJBs, you need an application-server.

Have a look at JBoss (www.jboss.org):

It's an application-server incorporating Tomcat as a servlet-container
/ web-server.

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

Re: EJB with Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
> Is it possible to integrate EJB with tomcat v6 and higher? If yes then
> kindly provide the How-To link. I googled but didn't find anything
> information which is worthy.
>
> Thanks,
> Gaurav Pruthi

Calling an EJB server from TC... yes...
Running EAR files in TC... no, its not a EJB server on its own, its a
"servlet" container.
The only real POJO Application Server.