Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by mi...@gmail.com on 2016/12/02 23:58:02 UTC

Removing Red Wavy Underlining (Spellcheck underlining?) from All Documents

Red wavy underlining, like that used in Spellcheck, has appeared in all of my OpenOffice and Microsoft Word documents, under every line of text, in a recently purchased new laptop.  I have not been able to remove it.   How do I do that while keeping Spellcheck enabled?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Removing Red Wavy Underlining (Spellcheck underlining?) from All Documents

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:58:02 -0800
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Red wavy underlining, like that used in Spellcheck, has appeared in all of my OpenOffice and Microsoft Word documents, under every line of text, in a recently purchased new laptop.  I have not been able to remove it.   How do I do that while keeping Spellcheck enabled?
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

The normal cure for this problem is to delete or rename your OpenOffice User Profile.  Details of the User Profile for various operating systems are given in

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems

It can sometimes happen that an installation produces a faulty user profile "out of the box". The above fix works in the vast majority of cases.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>