Posted to users@camel.apache.org by rwijngaa <ri...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/02 09:52:57 UTC

file-to-file copy gives unreliable results (not entire file is copied)

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce a problem we have in production with one of our
camel routes,
in the process i found some strange behaviour when just copying a file with
a simple
blueprint camel route (see below).

Small (zip) files seem to be copied correctly, but large files (i used
162MB) sometimes end up as 162MB (good!), 26MB, 96MB, 50MB or otherwise
corrupted.
I played with several options (bufferSize, delay, etc) but to no avail.
I'm testing this with a clean install of ServiceMix 5.4.0 (camel 2.14.1) on
a macbookpro

This is the camel route i deployed:

Regards
Rino

Re: file-to-file copy gives unreliable results (not entire file is copied)

Posted by rwijngaa <ri...@gmail.com>.
BTW: My colleague copying a 1GB file with the same blueprint route on Windows
8 seems to have no problem at all !

Re: file-to-file copy gives unreliable results (not entire file is copied)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
The various read locks works differently on different file systems.

Especially when another process is writing a large file, then
"changed" and "rename" may require a higher timeout / check interval
to ensure the file is "really ready".

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:07 AM, rwijngaa
<ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When i tweak the route some more (added options readLockTimeout and
> readLockCheckInterval), the succesrate seems to be 100% now. Is this
> expected behaviour? I mean, you would expect the files to be copied with a
> 100% successrate no matter what the (timing) options right ?
>
> Improved route:

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: file-to-file copy gives unreliable results (not entire file is copied)