Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB)" <mi...@ericsson.com> on 2005/04/05 09:02:56 UTC

possible to use profiler on ant

Hi,

I am using ant for build and test our java application. We run into 'java.lang.OutOfMemory' problems when running junit tests.
I have made a number of changes without any luck:

- Unset classpath
- increase ANT Xms and Xmx via ANT_OPTS env. variable.
- Using fork in javac.
- Increase Xmx in javac.
- Increased Xmx in junit-target.

I am now willing to try to find out where most of my memory is comsumed using a profiler ( if possible).

I am using netbeans and their profiler.

Q: Is it possible to profile a jar file?

Q2: Anyone tried that on Ant?

Q3: I am using 1.6 features. Could that slow down my build and generate java.lang.OutOfMemory?

I atttach my common.xml

 <<common.xml>>

All hints are very much appreciated!

//Mikael