Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mark Owens <Ma...@coda.com> on 2001/06/06 19:32:20 UTC

Help with default setup

Hi,
It's my first attempt at using slide on Windows NT4
I've just downloaded:
- TOMCAT 3.2.2 (binaries)
- SLIDE 1.0.10 (binaries)

I set up webfolders to point at http://localhost:8080/slide
I'm having trouble with accessing the /files that it gave me.
When I tried to add a file to this area it says no access. The log says I'm
coming in as guest.
So I edit web.xml and uncomment the security bits and restart tomcat.
This time I can't get past the login dialog.
I've looked in several configuration files and tried several
username/password combinations to no avail.
Can anyone offer any help?
Thanks
Mark

RE: Help with default setup

Posted by Peter Hawkins <pe...@globalvision.com.au>.
Help with default setupcheck out
http://faq.globalvision.com.au/fom-serve/cache/90.html - you need to edit
your tomcat-users file, (or use SlideRealm).

Peter