Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me> on 2013/06/13 16:55:49 UTC

Please vote to publish standard JPA 2.0 & 2.1 jars to Maven

Please vote for these enhancement requests to get official JPA API Maven
artifacts released.
https://java.net/jira/browse/JPA_SPEC-19 (for JPA 2.0)
https://java.net/jira/browse/JPA_SPEC-60 (for JPA 2.1)

-matthew

--
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me <ma...@matthewadams.me>
skype:matthewadams12

Re: Please vote to publish standard JPA 2.0 & 2.1 jars to Maven

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
@Chris, that's the problem.  There are many sources for these APIs, but no
"official" distro by the expert groups.  Every API produced by the JCP
should be published to a Maven repository (preferably Central), with a
groupId of "javax.whatever" and and artifactId of "whatever-api".  For
example, the JDO API & TCK has been in open source at Apache for many years
now.  Anyone can grab the TCK and run their implementation against it to
confirm compliance, and while the RI, DataNucleus, is not at Apache, it is
still in open source under the Apache license.

@Kevin, I'm on the JPA expert group, too, but it hasn't seemed to do much
good.  :)  I'd like to see the XML schemas included with this jar so people
have them.  I'd also give bonus points for proper OSGi manifest headers (as
JDO has been doing since 3.0.1).

-matthew

Posted by Chris Wolf <cw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.