Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Kelly Chang <kc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/14 01:25:17 UTC

question regarding the roller.xml file

I'm trying to install roller 3.1 on a windows server 2003 w/ sp2. I have tomcat 5.5, MySQL5 and J2SE 5. All of those are working correctly.

As of right now I'm getting the infamous "Cannot create JDBC driver of class ' ' for connect URL 'null'" statement in my roller.log. I've tired everything suggested in the things to check section and it still isn't working. I've also done some outside research and I'm confused about which sections I should alter in the roller.xml context file. The install guide says to change the URL, but outside sites with their own install steps say to change the resource. Does this also refer to the URL or does this refer to the name?

I only get this error when I put the path to my roller database in the resource name. When I put it in the URL I get: "Cannot create JDBC driver of class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' for connect URL 'C:\www\mysql5\data\roller'".

Any thoughts or directions on how to fix this would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Kelly

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Re: question regarding the roller.xml file

Posted by Nitin Lokhande <ad...@gmail.com>.
yes because its giving error due to some different style of reading
database.
better use jtds or else u have to take latest driver from microsoft website.
both words :)

Posted by skipjack <sk...@gmail.com>.

--
Programming is art

Re: question regarding the roller.xml file

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.