Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Bruno Wassermann <ba...@hotmail.com> on 2016/01/27 19:02:13 UTC

snapCount, initLimit, syncLimit

What influences the size of snapshots and how does one go about figuring out adequate settings for snapCount, initLimit and syncLimit? It would be great, if someone could share some advice.
Thanks,
-- Bruno

Re: snapCount, initLimit, syncLimit

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I've never seen the snapCount be an issue for users. Doesn't mean it
couldn't be, but the default seems pretty reasonable. I've seen many
disk related issues with the tlogs, but those are usually related to
contention rather than snap count. Keep in mind we preallocate the log
files to improve performance so they tend to be large (but empty) to
start with.

I don't believe there is a message for exceeding the init limit, iirc
you see a communication timeout.

Patrick

Posted by Bruno Wassermann <ba...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Patrick,