Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mike Danifo <md...@mindspring.com> on 2003/04/09 21:26:30 UTC

strange DST, email timestamp problems

Hello james users,
I am seeing a strange issue with my james email. I use a php-based webmail package as a front end to james, and until daylight savings time kicked in, all was fine. Since then I am noticing that all of the timestamps on my emails are still an hour behind. I checked to make sure the server time was correct, and it is. Any ideas on how to find out who the culprit is?

thanks

-Mike

RE: strange DST, email timestamp problems

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
James just gets times via java.util.Date.  Check your server.

If I check a message just received via James, I see:

          by mail.devtech.com (JAMES SMTP Server 2.1.3a2) with SMTP ID 137
          for <xxx>;
          Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:49:07 -0400 (EDT)

Note the timestamp.

	--- Noel