Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Fredrik Liden <fl...@translate.com> on 2007/05/25 21:05:33 UTC

Cayenne version 1 vs. version 2

Hi,

I had created a project using Cayenne version 1.2 a while back.
Is it correct that the only change between 1.2.3 and 2.0.3 is still just
the package naming? Is the documentation pages identical between the two
versions? And the modeler is the same as well?

Thanks!

Fredrik

Re: Cayenne version 1 vs. version 2

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I switched from Cayenne 1.2 to 2.0 last December and had no trouble at
all.  I did a global replace of the package names in my source and xml
config files and it worked fine.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
1.2.x and 2.0.x are designed to be the same thing, just with different
packages.  So, the change should be fairly straightforward.  The other
major difference is the license.  1.2.x uses the old ObjectStyle license
while 2.0.x used the Apache license.  The two licenses were largely
compatible anyway, but it may something for you to consider as well.

--
Kevin