Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/31 12:52:07 UTC

Source availability?

Hi there!

What is the latest on source code availability for the River project?
I followed the svn checkout instructions but there doesn't seem to be
anything in trunk yet. When is that expected to happen?

I'm very interested in space based architecture and I'm currently
working on my first 'naive' (memory only, non-peristent, non-remote)
version of a JavaSpaces implementation that I will publish under an
ASF license when it is a bit more robust and complete.

I'm interested in using the ASF licensed unit tests of the River
project to validate my implementation.

 S.

Re: Source availability?

Posted by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Stefan-

The QATests project did not migrate (from the old Jini.org site)
to Java.net as we were expecting to just contribute it to Apache
River.

We're obviously very close now (finally! :-)) to getting all the
initial sources contributed (including QA Tests)... but if you have
an urgent need for it right away, send me a note and we'll
get it to you.

-Jim

Re: Source availability?

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.

Re: Source availability?

Posted by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Source availability?

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.

Re: Source availability?

Posted by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Source availability?

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.
Stefan Arentz wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> What is the latest on source code availability for the River project?
> I followed the svn checkout instructions but there doesn't seem to be
> anything in trunk yet. When is that expected to happen?

Hi Stefan,

River has just entered a rapid and it won't be long for the source code
will enter SVN, can't give you the exact date, but based on statements
made here it is at the gate.

> I'm very interested in space based architecture and I'm currently
> working on my first 'naive' (memory only, non-peristent, non-remote)
> version of a JavaSpaces implementation that I will publish under an
> ASF license when it is a bit more robust and complete.
>
> I'm interested in using the ASF licensed unit tests of the River
> project to validate my implementation.

Good idea, the official test framework was also made available under the
ALv2 a long time ago as part of jini.org, but with its transition I
can't seem to find the code anymore. I also don't have a copy on my
filesystem but maybe it has a new location (couldn't find it on
http://jini.dev.java.net/ though) or somebody with a copy is willing to
help you out. That version of the test framework will also hit the SVN soon.

Good luck,
--
Mark