Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 09:46:01 UTC

RocksDBStatebackend does not write checkpoints to backup path

Hi,

I have a job (with Flink 1.6.4) which uses rocksdb incremental checkpointing, but the checkpointing always fails with `IllegalStateException`,
because hen performing `RocksDBIncrementalSnapshotOperation`, rocksdb finds that `localBackupDirectory`, which should be created earlier
by rocksdb checkpoint, doesn’t exist. But there is no error message about failures of rocksdb checkpoint.

What could possibly be the cause? Thanks a lot!

Best,
Paul Lam

Re: RocksDBStatebackend does not write checkpoints to backup path

Posted by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve found out that it should be a bug of RocksDBStateBackend [1].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-12042 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-12042>

Best,
Paul Lam

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.