Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Anders Lidén <al...@futurize.se> on 2002/10/24 08:18:30 UTC

Enabling debugging in mod_perl

It seems like I have missed something when I try to enable debugging mode in
mod_perl.

I started with setting the PERL_TRACE variable to 1 and recompiling (and
setting PerlSetEnv MOD_PERL_TRACE all in httpd.conf) - nothing happens.

So I recompiled with PERL_DEBUG also set to 1 (no other change). Still no
extra loggin. Where does the logfile go? What is it called? I thought it
logged the trace to the current error log (wich seems to be wrong).

Please ... alittle help?

perl -MApache::MyConfig -e 'print $Apache::MyConfig::Setup{PERL_TRACE}'
is set to 1.
perl -MApache::MyConfig -e 'print $Apache::MyConfig::Setup{PERL_DEBUG}'
is set to 1.

Regards

          Anders Lidén                   Futurize AB
          031 - 709 09 70                Ingela Gatenhielmsgata 3
          http://www.futurize.se         421 30 Västra Frölunda

      But some things lost and some things gained, in living every day
                                                            // Clannad

Re: Enabling debugging in mod_perl

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Anders Lidén wrote:
> It seems like I have missed something when I try to enable debugging mode in
> mod_perl.
>
> I started with setting the PERL_TRACE variable to 1 and recompiling (and
> setting PerlSetEnv MOD_PERL_TRACE all in httpd.conf) - nothing happens.
>
> So I recompiled with PERL_DEBUG also set to 1 (no other change). Still no
> extra loggin. Where does the logfile go? What is it called? I thought it
> logged the trace to the current error log (wich seems to be wrong).
>
> Please ... alittle help?
>
> perl -MApache::MyConfig -e 'print $Apache::MyConfig::Setup{PERL_TRACE}'
> is set to 1.
> perl -MApache::MyConfig -e 'print $Apache::MyConfig::Setup{PERL_DEBUG}'
> is set to 1.

although I can't find it documented anywhere right now, I'm pretty
sure you need to also have a perl compiled with -DDEBUGGING.
unfortunately, if you don't have a debugging perl already, after you
create it you'll have to recompile mod_perl as well.

HTH

--Geoff