Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Bipin Kumar, Shubham" <sb...@iu.edu> on 2022/06/28 16:39:38 UTC

Clarification on dashboard for quick statistics development

Hi Marcus,

I had the following question on dashboard developments . Can you please clarify these:

  1.  Can I use React for frontend development or is it compulsory to use VueJs?
  2.  Should the dashboard be an independent application, or it should be integrated as a page in Django portal?
  3.  For getting the data like user details, experiment details or resources details should we establish direct connections to respective databases or use the Airavata API's to fetch those details. In case there aren't any API's to support the data needed what should be the course of action?

Regards,
Shubham

Re: Clarification on dashboard for quick statistics development

Posted by "Bipin Kumar, Shubham" <sb...@iu.edu>.
Hi Marcus,

Did you get chance to have a look at my queries.

Regards,
Shubham

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Hi Shubham,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you, and thanks to Suresh for following up.

I agree with everything that Suresh said. Also, for developing new Airavata APIs take a look at https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/develop/modules/ide-integration <https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/develop/modules/ide-integration> for setting up a dev environment where you have a local Airavata API server instance and local Django Portal instance.

Thanks,

Marcus

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Shubham,