Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Bergquist, Brett" <BB...@canoga.com> on 2013/09/19 17:07:37 UTC

How can I get a new class into "derby.jar"?

I am trying to implement a new rolling file error log handler and have added a class to "org.apache.derby.impl.services.stream" package.  I do a

ant clobber
ant buildsource
ant buildjars

and my class does not end up in the derby.jar under jars/sane.   I think it has to do with something about the classlister but I have not a clue how that works.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Brett

RE: How can I get a new class into "derby.jar"?

Posted by "Bergquist, Brett" <BB...@canoga.com>.
Perfect.

Thanks as I would not have found that I don't think.

On 9/19/2013 8:07 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:
I am trying to implement a new rolling file error log handler and have added a class to "org.apache.derby.impl.services.stream" package.  I do a

ant clobber
ant buildsource
ant buildjars

and my class does not end up in the derby.jar under jars/sane.   I think it has to do with something about the classlister but I have not a clue how that works.

The magic is to add the unreferenced  class to tools/jar/extraDBMSclasses.properties

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.