Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Daniel Gong <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/16 15:04:58 UTC

[GSoC] Project Final Report

Dear all,

Today is the firm pencil down date of GSoC 2010 program. It's time for me to
give a final report.

I've already submitted the final patch for the jdb code to JIRA. The project
document is at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Harmony_JDB_Command_Line_Tool,
which describes general idea and design of the project as well as
accomplishment and future work. The document contains enough guidance
information for me and possibly other developers who will be interested in
it to get the whole picture and main concepts of the project. For detailed
information such as code explanation, TODO information, etc. please refer to
the jdb code comments. Currently Harmony JDB has a relatively complete and
stable code base as well as detailed documentation so that other developers
can also continue developing. Of course, I will keep fighting on it.

Many thanks to you guys for your kindly help:

Sean, thanks for your help for the application of gsoc and development.
Oliver, thanks for your advice to my proposal.
Deven and Kevin, thanks for your article sample code, from which I started
to get familiar with JDI library.
Regis, thanks for your suggestions and care, you are the one who led me to
Harmony and keeps helping me.

Special thanks to Mark, my mentor, who helped me a lot, not only
technically, but also in the methodology and convention of open source
development. You are such an excellent mentor as well as a passionate
expert. I've learnt a lot from you.

Best wishes,
Daniel Gong