Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Guijt <b....@chello.nl> on 2001/07/11 23:43:14 UTC

[minor bug] - trying to load non-existing com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler in web.xml

Gentlemen,

The web.xml file in webapp\WEB-INF contains the part following below, and
cocoon tries to load this class during startup. The class couldn't be found
of course, so it throws an exception (in the log). I think it should be left
out, especially since there are no installation instructions for
WebSphere... (how come!? Here in Europe it is one of the most used
appservers!)

    <!--
      This parameter is used to list classes that should be loaded
      at initialization time of the servlet.
      Usually this classes are JDBC Drivers used
    -->
    <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere: -->
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler                <!-- this
line -->

        <!-- For Database Driver: -->
        @database-driver@
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

Ciao!

Bart Guijt

AW: [minor bug] - trying to load non-existing com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler in web.xml

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Thanks for reporting this.

I commented the class out in the web.xml.

Carsten