Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by oh <wa...@sm.sony.co.jp> on 2001/06/07 05:11:23 UTC

Deployment problem

I have been using Apache Soap2.1, and it worked good for me except the
problem of getting
the information of HttpRequest.

Now I want to upgrade the version to 2.2 because I was said that I can get
what I need
easily.

But when I want to deploy my service program, I met the following error:
(There is no problem when I use the admin tools)

C:\wanghm\is2\src>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localh
ost:8080/oh-is2/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy AssetDeploymentDescriptor.xml
        at
org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode.getAttributeNodeNS(ElementNode.ja
va:417)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils.getAttributeNS(DOMUtils.java:105)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.DOMUtils.getNamespaceURIFromPrefix(DOMUtils.
java:255)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor.fromXML(DeploymentDescrip
tor.java:687)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:230)

My AssetDeploymentDescriptor.xml file worked well when I used Apache
Soap2.1.
It is just like this:

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:xyz:Asset">
  <isd:provider type="java" scope="Session" methods="getAsset">
    <isd:java class="com.xyz.xmlapi.Asset" static="false"/>
  </isd:provider>

  <isd:mappings>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:xyz:AssetInfo"
    qname="x:AssetInfo"
             javaType="com.xyz.xmlapi.AssetInfo"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:xyz:SessionInfo"
    qname="x:SessionInfo"
             javaType="com.xyz.xmlapi.SessionInfo"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
  </isd:mappings>
</isd:service>

Huimin Wang
Globus,Inc

Re: Deployment problem

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
SOAP 2.1 always uses Xerces as the parser.  SOAP 2.2 uses JAXP.  It appears
that Crimson is being used by JAXP in your case and that there is something
incompatible with the version of Crimson you have installed.  If you get
Crimson out of your CLASSPATH (and $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext), you should have
success.

Scott