Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ioannis Kanellopoulos <io...@jrc.it> on 2005/09/19 17:35:13 UTC

jetspeed2 navigation

Hello,

We have been evaluating jetspeed 2 for the last couple of months for the
creation of a portal on geographic information, which will include
catalog and mapping services.
We have successfully downloaded and installed jetspeed2-M3 and built the
latest jetspeed2-M4 from source.
platforms include Linux Red Hat ES 4, Mac OSX and WinXP.

We require to have the top level navigation menu (root folders) visible
at all times, instead of having a link through "back to root folder" or
to "root" depending on the decoration use for the layout. Is this
possible? and if yes can you please indicate how we can do this?

We have also some other problems one of which is that we are not able to
connect to mySQL but I will come back to that in another email with more
details.

thanks a lot for the help

Ioannis

--
Ioannis Kanellopoulos
EC-Joint Research Centre

Re: jetspeed2 navigation

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Ioannis Kanellopoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have been evaluating jetspeed 2 for the last couple of months for the
> creation of a portal on geographic information, which will include
> catalog and mapping services.
> We have successfully downloaded and installed jetspeed2-M3 and built the
> latest jetspeed2-M4 from source.
> platforms include Linux Red Hat ES 4, Mac OSX and WinXP.
>
> We require to have the top level navigation menu (root folders) visible
> at all times, instead of having a link through "back to root folder" or
> to "root" depending on the decoration use for the layout. Is this
> possible? and if yes can you please indicate how we can do this?

With M4, put a root level menu definition in your root folder.metadata:

  <menu name="root-level-menu" regexp="true" options="/*.psml,/*/"/>

Here is another example, a current working directory menu:

  <menu name="cwd-level-menu">
    <options regexp="true">./*/,./*.psml</options>
    <exclude>root-level-menu</exclude>
  </menu>

And then in your page layout, reference the menu:

#set($rootMenu = $site.getMenu("root-level-menu"))
#if(!$rootMenu.empty)
#includeTabsNavigation($rootMenu $LEFT_TO_RIGHT)
#end

<!-- CWD Tabs Menu -->
#set($cwdMenu = $site.getMenu("cwd-level-menu"))
#if(!$cwdMenu.empty)
#includeTabsNavigation($cwdMenu $LEFT_TO_RIGHT)
#end

Re: J1.6 v J2.0

Posted by Jonathan Hawkins <jo...@hawkinsweb.co.uk>.
Found out how to add a portlet, not sure about adding additional panes etc.

I have built J2 from source this morning, I am assuming that the two
column layout is being used by default, however, all the portlets are
inone column and if I try to move it the right the portlet dissappears.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Jon

Re: J1.6 v J2.0

Posted by Jonathan Hawkins <jo...@hawkinsweb.co.uk>.
Perfect, many thanks

Jon

Re: J1.6 v J2.0

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: J1.6 v J2.0

Posted by Jonathan Hawkins <jo...@hawkinsweb.co.uk>.
David,

Thanks for the info. Can you give me any pointers on the bridges
framework to repliocate forward type functionality.

Cheers

Jon

Re: J1.6 v J2.0

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

J1.6 v J2.0

Re: jetspeed2 navigation

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Jacek,

The dev team is in the final stages of the last milestone build. We need
to get a RC1 build out soon and are trying to address the biggest gaps
in the functionality of J2... M4 declarative menus was an example of
this. Yes, it can be challenging to keep up with the changes, even for
us developers. In the end, we hope the drive toward a release is a good
thing for the whole J2 community.

Randy

Re: jetspeed2 navigation

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Randy Watler z 2005-09-19 19:56 brzmiala:

> This functionality has already been built into M4 and declarative menus
> and is part of the default decorators. Thanks for the input though :-).
As I see, my knowlege is quite out-of-date, although I'm dealing with
Jetspeed no longer than a month :/

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki