Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by wp...@gmail.com, wp...@gmail.com on 2018/10/01 10:05:22 UTC

How to manage recepies through content functionality

Good day!

Background:
We are in the process of setting up a food service business. We decided to go with ofbiz as it allows us to contain investment-$ initially. We are trying in phase 1 to use ofbiz standard. (maybe with exception ofeComemrce page)
We tested different scenarios and are left with a few questions we were not able to resolve.

Problem descriptions

(1)     BOM UOM.
Ingrediens in different UOMs (ml, gr, kg, pcs, etc..).
When defining BOM, UOM cannot be defined. Where can I set the UOM for the BOM?

(2)     For each dish we need to upload its recipe along with pictures of the different cooking phases (either as an online text or downloadable pdf). Example: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2089/spiced-carrot-and-lentil-soup

We were testing with the Content page of the part itself as well as the Content menu (Forum, Blog, Content, etc..). Unfortunately, we were not able to achieve that a recipe is shown on the eCommerce page along with the dish, or to define a link that refers to that recipe and then being opened in a separate window.
Is this something ofbiz offers as functionality and where can I find a Howto?

Thanks for your help, Wolfgang

Re: How to manage recepies through content functionality

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.
Hi Wolfgang,

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 5:51 PM, Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <
wp.rauchholz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for picking up my question Deepak.
> UOM defining on component level. I miss the field, I went through the
> complete item master and BOM screen. On which is the standard UOM for a
> part defined?

As per data model BOM is setup using ProductAssoc, you can set the quanity
UOM at product level, also you can use uomConverstion if needed.

> Content manager; I am not a very technical person.... ContentMapFacade
> and *ContentWrapper: into what does it translate in layman terms?

ContentMapFacade and *ContentWrapper (e.g ProductContentWrapper,
CategoryContentWrapper) there are the wrapper classes to get the Content
associated to Product/Category.

You can find reference example at
plugins/ecommerce/template/cart/ShowCart.ftl

<#assign smallImageUrl =
    Static["org.apache.ofbiz.product.product.ProductContentWrapper"].getProductContentAsText(
    cartLine.getProduct(), "SMALL_IMAGE_URL", locale, dispatcher, "url")! />

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit

Posted by Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp...@gmail.com>.