Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2005/05/10 14:06:41 UTC

[Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Net 1.4.0 Released]

The new release of jakarta-commons-1.4.0 contains some features that
were specifically designed with Ant in mind.  In particular the
FTPClientConfig class was designed with the thought of enabling the
enhancement of the ant <ftp> task to

1. handle ftp servers with file listing formats that format dates in
other than the standard (i.e. US English) ways.

More importantly, perhaps, for Ant
2. handle time zone differences between client and server.

This would enable dependency checking to be more usefully associated
with the task.

In the next few weeks (months) I am intending to rework the <ftp> task
to take advantage of these new capabilities.  This would involve adding
some new attributes to the task and transmitting these to the
commons-net implementation.

Re: [Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Net 1.4.0 Released]

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> wrote:
>

>>In the next few weeks (months) I am intending to rework the <ftp>
>>task to take advantage of these new capabilities.
>

> Maybe Neeme Praks' patch[1] would provide a nice starting point?
>
> Stefan
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=111523085825979&w=2

Neeme Praks was very helpful in debugging the new commons code.  I
suggested that he modify the task.  I didn't realize that he had
contributed the code and I will have a look at it.

Re: [Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Net 1.4.0 Released]

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.