Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2020/08/01 14:24:37 UTC

Re: [Jmeter] Roadmap?

Am 27.07.20 um 09:31 schrieb OUFDOU Anas:
> Hello,
>
> There is any page where we can find the Jmeter Roadmap ?

There were some attempts to do this in the wiki, but mainly the roadmap
is, what the users report they are missing or even better contribute
with patches.

All new features should be introduced with a good look at maintaining
compatibility with old versions.

Do you have anything special in mind (either that you miss, or want to
contribute)?

Regards

 Felix

Re: [Jmeter] Roadmap?

Posted by OUFDOU Anas <ou...@gmail.com>.
 Hello Felix,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i miss to have Jmeter as code like this exemple (
https://bitbucket.org/blazemeter/jmeter-from-code/src/master/src/main/java/com/blazemeter/demo/JMeterFromScratch.java)
but may be having some builder can help to use code than UI and XML.

Best Regards

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 3:25 PM Felix Schumacher <

--
Cordialement,
-------------

Re: [Jmeter] Roadmap?

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 03.08.20 um 10:31 schrieb OUFDOU Anas:
> Hello Felix,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Yes i miss to have Jmeter as code like this exemple (
> https://bitbucket.org/blazemeter/jmeter-from-code/src/master/src/main/java/com/blazemeter/demo/JMeterFromScratch.java)
> but may be having some builder can help to use code than UI and XML.

You certainly can use Java to write your own tests using JMeter, but is
really not well documented (or recommended). Patches to the
documentation are always welcome.

If you look around on the internet, you will probably find wrapper
tools, that can use JMeter as the execution engine. Search for
ruby-jmeter or taurus. There might be even more options.

Vladimir has once done a prototype to embed JMeter inside of intellij
and I sometimes dream of enhancing the JMeter classes with annotations
that could be used by a java compiler plugin to help creating DSLs for
JMeter.

But the focus of development and usage of JMeter seems to be the GUI way
and it seems that people like the GUI way, even when they might not like
the GUI implemented by JMeter ;)

Felix

Re: [Jmeter] Roadmap?

Posted by OUFDOU Anas <ao...@sqli.com>.